County Assessor

It is a pleasure to serve Alfalfa County.

Ag Exemption Application

To apply for Ag Permits:
The Assessor’s office is happy to help owners and operators of Alfalfa County farming businesses apply for Agriculture Exemption Permits. You can apply in our office or submit an application online:

Do I qualify for a farm exemption permit?
Owners of Agriculture land may apply for the exemption permit. If you do not own land in Alfalfa County, the Assessor will ask for written verification, such as a lease, from the landowner that you are operating a farming business on their property. You must list your farm equipment with the County Assessor between January 1st - March 15th of each year. If you do not own farm equipment, you will need to verify that on the application for the exemption permit. The Oklahoma Tax Commission will required information regarding your farming products and livestock, although they are NOT subject to Ad Valorem property taxes. All of your taxes due to Alfalfa County must be paid.

How does it benefit me applying for this Exemption permit?
The benefit to filling for this permit is not having to pay sales tax on farm supplies, equipment and fuel which is purchased for use on the farm.

Am I required to list my farm assets with the Assessor’s Office if I am not interested in the farm permit exemption?
All farm equipment that is used for farming, owned, leased or operated by the owner, will be subject to Ad Valorem taxation. The equipment owner must list all farm assets with the Assessor’s office with or without the intention of filing for a farm permit exemption. Farming equipment can arbitrarily be assessed for property taxes with penalties if it is not listed by the owner by March 15th of each year.